PEACE ON EARTH

GOODWILL TOWARD ALL MEN, WOMEN AND CHILDREN, BORN AND UNBORN

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Praying for the Sick-PLEASE!


To all my friends whom I have been ignoring lately: My apologies.
It's for your own good-trust me. I have one of those hideous bronchial yellow-orange phlem heaving infections in my lungs that keep me awake coughing so violently I think they are going to call the fire department. I am sure I am hosting a family of bacterial trapeze flyers in my lungs.
I came out of Mass the Sunday before last and saw the heart melting scene of the Pastor cradling an infant he was about to baptize and had to run for the hills so the poor kid wouldn't be dead before he hit the water by breathing my same air.
I had to suppress all natural baby kissing Pastor hugging tendancies. I have been in hiding ever since next to a crate of Airborne and salt water gargle juice. In its second week it's gone on far too long not to call in the prayer troops. This suffering in silence isn't working so well.
It's going around like wildfires in California- so pray for us all. We live in Washington and we don't want to infect all one million of you coming to DC for the Inagural.
The only upside to this (aside from the jump in the stock price of Kleenex) due to high sales,
is that you can spend half the day in your jammies watching non-stop Food Channel episodes of that adorable character Duff Goldman who lives in Baltimore who makes Cakes at his shop called Charm City Cakes.
He can make you a cake that looks like anything. Did you know that he just won a contest at the Minneapolis Mall of America where you had to make a city skyline sculpture out of Rice Krispie Treats. The entire town made out of Rice krispie treats!! He made the Baltimore Inner Harbor entirely out of edible Krispie Treats! Awesome!
At my wedding (imaginary at this point) I want him to construct for the kids corner an entire village with train tracks so my 2 year old nephew and his friends can play with edible Thomas the Train in a Krispie Treat village (complete with bridges, moats, irish castle and thatched roof krispie cabins.) http://www.charmcitycakes.com/
Somehow a krispie treat edible Notre Dame Cathedral or La Magdalene sounds a bit tacky, so perhaps he can make those out of Marzipan to anchor the krispie village.
I am feeling better already.

No comments: