PEACE ON EARTH

GOODWILL TOWARD ALL MEN, WOMEN AND CHILDREN, BORN AND UNBORN

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

EDWARD (Ted) KENNEDY- The Work is Not Done, The Hope Lives On, The Dream Will Never Die. Rest in Peace

A Patriot of the Highest Order


Ted Kennedy was born the year my Dad was born. He played football with my uncle Mike at Harvard. I rooted for his Presidential campaign watching all the coverage when I was in college.
Then I met him, for the first time at Saint Matthews Cathedral in Washington, DC.
Ted Kennedy. There will be statues of him and buildings and streets named after him.
He was in the United States Senate from the age of 30- 77 and died with his boots on. 47 years in the US Senate. Champion of reform in Health, Immigration, Education, Civil Rights, raising the rights and dignity of workers everywhere- he catalyzed transformation of the country and saw the country's first African American President.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/gallery/2009/08/26/GA2009082600112.html

My prayers are with the entire family.
May they carry on his work with the dignity and tenacity that he did and show us how.

http://www.truthout.org/082609A?n

No comments: