PEACE ON EARTH

GOODWILL TOWARD ALL MEN, WOMEN AND CHILDREN, BORN AND UNBORN

Thursday, April 12, 2007

THAT's WHY THEY CALL IT A MIRACLE

That wasn't supposed to happen


You know it isn’t supposed to happen that you can take a few jugs of water and turn it into enough wine to feed a wedding party. Just thought I would remind you that this was one of my first miracles. A wedding. That’s because I adore weddings if you have not noticed.
It isn’t supposed to happen that I can say to a dead girl “Talitha Koum” –or “Get UP little sweetie!” and she isn’t dead anymore.
It isn’t supposed to happen that a guy who was blind from birth could see after I spit in a bit of dirt and made mud patties on his eyes. Some people might have even thought mud spittle pattys were disgusting.
It isn’t supposed to happen that someone who was lame for years could pick up the floor mat he sat on and skip away on the Sabbath when I asked him to. That one was really against the rules.
It isn’t supposed to happen that I could take a few loaves of barley bread and a couple fish and feed about five thousand people hanging out on the hill to hear me give a little lenten talk.
It isn’t supposed to happen that people can walk on top of water.
It isn’t supposed to happen that people can walk through walls to an Upper Room-I was really excited to see my old friends and the door lock was annoying-locked doors can't keep me from being with my friends.
It isn’t even supposed to happen that you could be dead and buried in a tomb and walk out come to think of it.

It isn’t supposed to happen that old ladies can be love and in love such that they have children well past what everyone thinks are usual child bearing years- but Sarai, wife of Abraham-the great patriarch of all nations did, Elizabeth, wife of Zechariah-the holy righteous Priest did, and Anna-wife of Joachin did, without which act credited to them as righteousness we never would have had Isaac, John the Baptist or the Most Blessed Mother Mary, thus Me. So get over it-you are too old- I love old ladies.
In fact I love all ladies- even skanky ones- even ones married five times, even ones getting stoned for being ho's, even one's with no money sense who waste all their money buying me annointing oil for my feet (still remembering that one aren't you), even ones who refuse to do the dishes so they can sit at my feet listening to me instead.

Listen- Do you need a Miracle? I am the storehouse of Miracles. I am the CEO of Miracles. I am the Way. All of you who are tortured, burdened, heavy, labored, just come to me. Just come to me. I can give you rest. Don’t you believe in miracles yet?
What are you blind? I have something for you.

No comments: