PEACE ON EARTH

GOODWILL TOWARD ALL MEN, WOMEN AND CHILDREN, BORN AND UNBORN

Monday, May 05, 2008

Positive thoughts from the Hour of Power

  • Strengthened in God's Presence
  • By Robert A. Schuller
  • Today, I will preach from the book of Isaiah, which is a fabulous book in the bible. The book of Isaiah is actually divided into two sections; the section of judgment and the section of comfort. There are 66 chapters in the book of Isaiah. Now, here's an interesting thought: the bible has 66 books in it. The bible has two sections; you have the Old Testament and the New Testament. Some people refer to it as the book of judgment and the book of comfort. Isaiah has 66 chapters in it. You have 39 chapters in the book of judgment and 27 chapters in the book of comfort. In the Old Testament you have 39 chapters in the Old Testament and 27 chapters in the New Testament. The book of Isaiah mirrors the whole bible. Contained within these fabulous words we come to this point where we read Isaiah 41:10 which are the words I want to share with you today. It says: "So do not fear for I am with you. Do not be dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." These are powerful words for us today. Two weeks ago I shared with you the words, "I have not given you a spirit of fear but of power and love and a sound mind." Last week we discovered that "We are more than conquerors through him who loved us." So today we take the next step of discovering that he does not want us to fear nor to be dismayed. It's kind of a challenging thing to do in our society and in our world today. Especially when you go to the gas pump. Has anyone noticed the price of gas going up a little bit? I was shocked! I went to the gas station the other day and the price of gas was over $4.00 a gallon! It's insanity and it just keeps going up. In fact my wife and I decided that we are going to examine and find out what it is going to take for us to take the bus from our home to the Crystal Cathedral. You know unfortunately the mass transit system in Southern California isn't user friendly. Some of you may have discovered that it works for you, but I haven't found out if it works for me yet or not, but we're going to try it and see how long it actually takes for me to get to work. Why? It's to handle and deal with this fear and this dismay of fuel prices.
    Continue... see, www.hourofpower.org

No comments: