PEACE ON EARTH

GOODWILL TOWARD ALL MEN, WOMEN AND CHILDREN, BORN AND UNBORN

Friday, October 24, 2008

Chicken or Egg? Just curious...........

I AM SOME "BODY"
(apparently a Human One)

If a woman can't eat how far do you think she can carry a pregnancy?
(that's why it's still "the economy stupid...")

If a woman can't keep or get a job to keep or get a roof over her head how far do you think she can carry a pregnancy?
(that's why it's still about equal non-discriminatory employment, and affordable housing.)


What do you propose to do to a woman who is terrified that she is pregnant, dumped by her lover, homeless, jobless and without parental support?

Handcuff her to the bed in the psych ward kicking and screaming and feed her intervenously until she delivers?

(That's why it's still about abstinence education, job training, educational grants, student loans, affordable housing, non-predatory mortgage fairness.)

And because of absentee fathers and a 50% divorce rate....

... It Still Takes A Village.

So note to Bishops- start a program where you adopt a single pregnant woman without any means for ten months and provide her with everything she needs so she can carry a child to healthy term without ending up in the psych ward and more people will listen to you. I don't mean start a program where your flock takes the burden- you do it. You adopt a woman and care for her for ten months. You might even find yourself falling in love with her- some people might even call that "marriage." (heaven forbid?)
TALK IS CHEAP (while its good fundraising fodder)
“I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you, declares the Lord.” Jeremiah 29:11-14

No comments: