PEACE ON EARTH

GOODWILL TOWARD ALL MEN, WOMEN AND CHILDREN, BORN AND UNBORN

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

JIM WEBB- really right for the country right now

Just A "Kind" Man

I went to a democratic victory party of sorts this evening. I ran into someone tonight I won't forget.
There is a Vietnamese man living now in Fairfax. He was wearing a Web for Senate T-shirt. He volunteered on his campaign. I asked him what caused him to come to America and become eventually involved in electoral politics.
The man's name is Tuy Le.
He told me that when he was 13 years old there were American soldiers in his village. He couldn't talk about it all. He said it was too hard to describe (and he wasn't in the mood chowing his buffalo wings.) He said he first ran into Jim Webb in the village where he lived, a place called Go Noi Island. There were American soldiers in Go Noi Island.
I asked him if he remembered Jim Webb from when he was 13. He said "of course'- he couldn't forget him. There was combat, fighting, and the American soldiers kept safe all the little children running around the village. He said Jim Webb gave him candy and befriended him. He said Jim Webb made him feel safe. "The American soldiers kept us safe." I asked him what he remembered about Webb in particular all these years later. He said "Jim Webb is a really Kind Man."

I almost cried.
Actually, I cried.

Jim Webb isn't anything like any of the Allen ads that mis-portray him. I am not from Virginia. I don't have a horse in that race.

But Jim Webb is exactly a gift to the country for this time in our history.
He is The American Good Soldier.

He should be the jr. Senator from Virgina. This is exactly the sort of person that Bush should want to help him with what we are trying to do in Iraq.
ALLEN should graciously give it up now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cynthia,

Great story. Great Blog. Great days. Let's keep it going.