PEACE ON EARTH

GOODWILL TOWARD ALL MEN, WOMEN AND CHILDREN, BORN AND UNBORN

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

February Blues and Winters of Discontent

I used to think you cared a bit
now i think you give not a whit
but for your pomp and circumstance
the prance of parading piety and position
I hoped your heart proved true when tested
instead it proved itself feckless and transitional
i'm more deflated than a punctured party
baloon twisted in the shape of a grotesque
swollen creature. i used to call you my love
now i call you my incinerator
as dust to dust you remind me I am
and stardust all the rosepetals I held in my hand



-------------------------------------
I think those Hour of Power guys can read minds -
http://www.hourofpower.org/

This is what I got in my inbox today:

"The truth is, every Christian passes through a time of winter in his or her spiritual pilgrimage. There are times when the light flickers, the glow burns low, the zeal fades, desolateness sweeps over the soul, doubt flashes its frigid face across our wintry path. Music no longer stirs the heart. Worship no longer lifts the spirit. Sweet tears no longer come to visit the eye. Prayer-a foolish empty wind! The heart shivers in a cold cell of cynicism. The window, once clean and sparkling, is covered with film. We wonder whether we still love our spouse, whether we still believe in God, and whether or not we are in the right profession. Careful! This is the winter season of the soul! Make no rash, impulsive, far-reaching decisions. This is a dark night for the heart. This is a stormy season for the spirit. But remember this: No winter lasts forever, no spring skips its turn. "

From the Pastors Schuller.
(I am very fond of these guys because my grandfather watched Schuler Sr. every Sunday from the first day he was on television in the early 1970s as one of the first consistent televangelists who has been on the air now for over 30 years. My grandfather loved him because they were both from small rural farming towns in Iowa)

Has anyone read that book found on their site "Single Men Are Like Waffles, Single Women are Like Spaghetti?" The title sounds appetizing.

No comments: