PEACE ON EARTH

GOODWILL TOWARD ALL MEN, WOMEN AND CHILDREN, BORN AND UNBORN

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I trust the Universe now
I have found Peace,
No, rather Peace found me
as I sit at His feet and
I trust the Angels who
brought you close to me
How did they ever find you
in this great big city
I trust the stars and all the Saints
watching over me
dropping roses and pennies
on the sidewalk in front of me
I trust the sunshine
that lights my way to you
and warms me in its cherry blossom hues
that melt away my winter blues
I trust the heavens
that opened in your eyes
and gave me your smile
and told me to wait
just a little while
and it would all be all right
I trust the rainbows
that landed at your doorstep
better than all the gold pots
from here to County Mayo
I believe again I think
really for the first time
and everything is new again
and finally everything now rhymes.

No comments: