PEACE ON EARTH

GOODWILL TOWARD ALL MEN, WOMEN AND CHILDREN, BORN AND UNBORN

Monday, June 29, 2009

The funnest place to be

Casa Italiana

In Washington, DC one of the greatest Italian language schools on the East Coast (Embassy approved and all) is at the Casa Italiana on 3rd and F near Judiciary Square metro just behind the Building Museum adjacent to Holy Rosary Church. This past Sunday there was an old fashioned block party called Fiesta Italiana (I am told they do it every year) with pizza served on the sidewalk, canolis, gelato, bocci ball played in the parking lot, italian ceramics made by the artists who study italian ceramics in the basement there and hundreds of folks lining up to buy whatever they were selling in those huge banquet style trays on the side.

I happened inside Holy Rosary church to admire the art and statuary and sat for a prayer. I
prayed something like I wish someone I knew came inside the church so we could hang out at the fiesta together. Just then (literally seconds later) the doors burst even wider open and loud singing surrounded a large banner of the Blessed Mother as three priests processed inside followed by masses of people who had been processing underneath the banner and within minutes the Blessed Sacrament was Exposed on the Altar and everyone was singing in latin.

That still quiet voice then said "You Know Me and I'm here now" as I stared at the exposed Sacrament.

Yes, but do you play bocci ball? Then I shut myself up.

No comments: