PEACE ON EARTH

GOODWILL TOWARD ALL MEN, WOMEN AND CHILDREN, BORN AND UNBORN

Monday, June 22, 2009

Job Announcement

Holy Trinity looking for a Social Justice Pastoral Associate.

With a congregation full of high powered lawyers, diplomats and a few Senators it is not surprising that Holy Trinity in Georgetown takes its social justice ministry seriously. It's Pastor is even a former Philadelphia Lawyer. this too good to not repeat bit appeared in the bulletin this Sunday attributed to an anonymous homeless person:

I WAS HUNGRY
I was hungry and you formed a discussion group to discuss my hunger,
I was imprisoned and you quietly crept off to your chapel to pray for my release,
I was naked and in your mind you debated the morality of my appearance,
I was sick and you knelt and thanked God for your health
I was homeless and you spoke to me of the spiritual shelter of the Love of God,
I was lonely and you left me alone to pray for me
You seem so Holy, so close to God. I am still very hungry, very lonely and cold.


If you know anyone looking to do Justice and Love Mercy in Washington who has a Masters in Social Work or similar experience, tell them to fill out an application for the Pastoral Assistant (http://www.holytrinitydc.org/)

No comments: