PEACE ON EARTH

GOODWILL TOWARD ALL MEN, WOMEN AND CHILDREN, BORN AND UNBORN

Saturday, December 05, 2009

A New Song

Sing To The Lord
-It's praying twice-

I fulfilled in a friar minor way my Susan Boyle fantasy by auditioning for the local Cathedral's Festival Choir for Midnight Christmas Mass and am happy to report that the Cathedral's much nicer equivalent of Simon Cowell gave me the thumbs up (minus the ticket to vegas.) I can't read music much for beans but I have decent pitch and carry the tune in two or three parts once I hear it through.
I say this not to brag, because truth be told, it was an ever so kind Pastor out of the magnanimity of his heart and dearth of mezzo-second sopranos who ever gave me a consecrated blessing as a musical sacristan of sorts- "good enough for government work" is rather how I classify my undeveloped singing talents. I say this instead to put in a pitch for the local Cathedral of Saint Matthew of the Apostle for folks to support their music ministry- because on the whole it is off the charts spectacular and one of the real treats of being close enough to monuments in DC to get a taste of something you otherwise would have to travel to Vienna, Austria to hear.
The regular choir is verily so professional they should cut CDs-and guess what- THEY DO! You can buy them in the Rectory. So I urge you get a few- in fact the number is listed to the right of this blog on the listings of churches in the area. It might have you humming a few bars.

No comments: