PEACE ON EARTH

GOODWILL TOWARD ALL MEN, WOMEN AND CHILDREN, BORN AND UNBORN

Saturday, February 09, 2008

The resemblance to anyone you know is purely co-incidental.-unless it's You and You know who you are

The offer still stands: if I publish your poetry here I send you a gift card surprise- could be Starbucks, Target, CVS, you neva know.....I like this one.

Ode To The Poser
You threw my heart to the meat-grinder
as if it were made of granite and marble
I awoke from my dreams in a bloody trauma
of the drama you created to hide yourself
from your own desire and call it holier than
me. You don't even know what anything means
that you actually say or say anything you mean.
I believed you once and held in my head each word
like a dove in my hand or a fragile butterfly
hoping it wouldn't fly away. You squished it
flat in my hand before I could even show it to you.
Perhaps there was love once a time ago
Now there is just your grand dog and pony show
and lots of dead butterflies I tenderly carried
and laid on the windowsill.


No comments: