PEACE ON EARTH

GOODWILL TOWARD ALL MEN, WOMEN AND CHILDREN, BORN AND UNBORN

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thanks Homie

Homer, the "Peace through Mini-Golf" guy bridging peace in Israel between Palestinians and Israelis has a few post-election thoughts. Clearly he is a transcended Republican, who struggled with the election results and now finds himself obediently praying for those in authority, whether you thought you liked them or not (I do, so it's easy for me, but a lot of folks are still struggling and apprehensive about what the future holds.) I offer his thoughts here- and you can get in touch with him through the Samaritan Foundation at http://www.samaritanfoundation.org/ .
He runs a business where he bottles pure Israeli mountain water-the same that fed into Jacob's Well.


Embracing the Mind of Jesus!

Homer OwenNov 25, 2008
EMBRACING THE MIND OF JESUS!

Thanks for having patience with me as I endeavor to get down on paper what I feel the Lord is telling us. Paul tells us that we are all looking through a glass darkly and only seeing in part. The Lord spoke to me years ago that He did not want me teaching principles on how to live or do anything. With this in mind I want to share some of my own personal experiences which the scripture calls our testimony.

What happens many times with us if we are not careful is that we will literally walk by revelation in an area of living and then turn around and teach principles on what we learned. We can go to just about any bookstore and purchase books on how to do many things. We as believers have been called to walk in the Spirit and allow Him to lead us into all Truth. God’s truth is brought forth in the Man – Jesus. Yes, he is the Truth and as we grow in the knowledge of the Truth we are growing in the knowledge of Jesus.

So we find Truth coming forth in the person of Jesus and we are told in Philippians that we are to have the same mind as Jesus. Since the fall of man in the garden we have had a big mess here on the earth. Kings and Kingdoms have come forth over the centuries and one of the most interesting times for us naturally is now. But, in reality it has been the same since the beginning. The King of Kings came forth 2,000 years ago to live in a real mess both politically and religiously.

“Your attitude should be the same that Christ Jesus had. Though he was God, he did not demand and cling to his rights as God. He made himself nothing; he took the humble position of a slave and appeared in human form.” Philippians 2:5-7

The KJV tells us that he became of no reputation. Wow! Is this the attitude we are to have? Just think about this for a moment. Here we find God in the flesh in His own nation that He had brought forth and yet we do not find him acting like it was His place to take control or demand that those who were in control to change to fit his pattern. It will take special grace for all of us to have this attitude about where are living and how we think our government should be run.

Back in the early 60’s I spent most of my waking hours trying to change our leaders both in the political and religious arena. I stayed mad and upset most of the time. When the Lord intervened in my life in 1968 and began to show me how His Kingdom operates both in heaven and on the earth I was utterly amazed at how blind and stupid I had been for years.

I had spent a great deal of time exposing Lyndon Johnson. It was apparent that he had stolen his first election to enter into politics and naturally I was convinced that he had not changed but had in fact gotten worse over the years. I can remember the first time that I literally got on my knees and began to intercede for this man. My heart became like the heart of God as I interceded for him. One day the Lord showed me that my prayers had been heard and that I did not need to intercede for his salvation any longer.

A couple of years passed and one night I was in a meeting when a man came into the room and asked to share for a moment. He told the group that he was driving down I-35 on his way home to Kansas when the Lord spoke to him to come and share at our meeting. He shared that President Johnson was his uncle and that afternoon he had giving his heart to Jesus at his ranch. The man shared with us that the Lord told him to come and share this story to let some person know that they were used mightily in intercession for the soul of Lyndon Johnson. God is so good.

If the Church will grasp the moment that we are living in we can take our seat with Christ in heaven and take on his present day ministry that is described in Hebrews.

“Jesus remains a priest forever; his priesthood will never end. Therefore he is able, once and forever, to save everyone who come to God through him. He lives forever to plead with God on their behalf.” Hebrews 7:24-25

Lord, we lift up all of our leaders today to you. Both in the political and religious arenas. We thank you for our great nation and we speak peace and prosperity to all peoples. Grant us your heart and give us your compassion for mankind. Jesus, we praise you for so great a name and it is in that name we pray. Amen and Amen.

...
Blessings, Homer

Click Here To Send This e-pistle To A Friend Or Relative
Please visit our websites at:

Jacobs Spring

The Samaritan Foundation

No comments: