PEACE ON EARTH

GOODWILL TOWARD ALL MEN, WOMEN AND CHILDREN, BORN AND UNBORN

Monday, October 11, 2010

I'm sorry my dear
you can't have us both.
That would be greedy
not to mention needy.
The point of growing up my man
is that you make pact with one
and forsake all others so
two have security
and progeny safe
from harm. To have two
means you either have an
overactive libido or lack
of faith in the power of two
to overcome all need and distress-
it's just plain ego in a mess-
or you just like looking up too many
dresses. In either case, it's a failure
of integrity and decency
and who should then put up with thee
if you don't have faith in the power of
One from two combined like one body
from bread and blood from wine.
The others may write fine checks
but it's time, my man, it's time.


Big thanks to the folks who organized that national Poetry Festival in Newark, New Jersey at the Performing Arts Center there this weekend. Awesome. Do it again!! I am inspired.

No comments: