PEACE ON EARTH

GOODWILL TOWARD ALL MEN, WOMEN AND CHILDREN, BORN AND UNBORN

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Everything You Thought Was Wrong

The Easter Message.


   to the Pharisees. Guess What, yooo-hooo, I'm still here. You didn't kill me off. I know you wanted to and tried really hard to because you were so threatened by my message. It looked in fact like you succeeded. You liked that barrab-ass  guy better than me, I know. But guess what. I'm baaaaaaack. That's what Jesus might have said standing in the garden outside the empty tomb. I'm baaaaaack.  (if you are a foreigner it is a reference to a schwartenegger movie).

   Jesus, the person who went around doing nothing but amazingly kind, powerfully loving things like feeding people and healing people, raising other people from the dead in fact, the person casting out demons from the tortured, turning water into wedding wine. That Jesus. He's baaaaaaaack. And this time he isn't going away.

   But wait- people tortured to near death then strung up on a crossed tree are dead as a door knob. Right? What are you talking about? Aren't dead people supposed to stay dead and just accept that they are dead?

  Apparently not- there is life now and forever If you believe it. Everything you thought was wrong. Dead people can in fact live forever, if they believe in Jesus, the simple carpenter from Nazareth, the Cristos, the Christ, the Savior of mankind.

  Anyone care for some fish this morning? I am frying up a nice hallibut here care to join me? That is what one dead guy said over three days after they laid him in a tomb.

   Down dog, stay dead. Nope-that doesn't work any more. You can try your little power tricks and oppression schemes. You cannot put a good man down like a dog.

   He will rise again, and so will you on the last day.
And that Jesus guy- he still lives. And that's the Easter Message.
 

   

No comments: