PEACE ON EARTH

GOODWILL TOWARD ALL MEN, WOMEN AND CHILDREN, BORN AND UNBORN

Friday, April 17, 2009

The Video that Shot Round The World

Susan Boyle- the Accidental Singing Sensation



This shy Scot from a collection of villages was cheered on by her entire church after wowing the skeptical judges on Britain's version of American Idol -(no age discrimination there). The video of her "I dreamed a dream" is posted below. You can't miss it as today it hit all of the Today Show, CNN, and the Early Morning Show.

SUSAN BOYLE! You've gone global!

This sweet almost 48 year old woman who has never been married and never been kissed sparkled purity and resilient hope- a hope that endured with her "dream" for 47 years. Bless her heart and best to you Lassie from across the Pond.

Now get those those British talent scouts over here to DC so I can audition.
Here's my bio- I'm a quasi-nerdy 48 year old never married half-burned out lawyer whose passion is singing in dimly lit churches when no one is around but the hunchback of Notre Dame.
I aspire to be the American version of Susan Boyle- only you are welcome to make me over, as I am a bit less pure than the 47 year old scottish virgin. I've been kissed in a reckless youth (but repented!) and enjoy the occassional pedicure and leg waxing. Bring it on Simon! I'm waiting!

No comments: