PEACE ON EARTH

GOODWILL TOWARD ALL MEN, WOMEN AND CHILDREN, BORN AND UNBORN

Thursday, June 03, 2010

I Would Give My Right Arm

If I Thought It Would Save You Kids

My mother used to say that. We weren't talking about organ transplants or kidney donations. My mother would just in the abstract blurt that out. Usually when my brother found himself in trouble and it got expensive to fix his messes.

My mother is a natural mother of three children and I am not (yet)- so I don't have a heart that large. My mother's heart is larger than mine. She would give her Right Arm to save her kids. I am hoping I don't have bad stretch marks.

God is a parent. He created us. He didn't just give his Right Arm to save us- he gave his ONLY Son, light from light, true God from true God, begotten not made, one in being with the Father to SAVE us.

What is he saving us from? The evils of earth and eventually earth itself and the hell within it.
Literally and figuratively.

As you watch the oil spill black flammable oil all over the Gulf, do you wonder whether at the pit of the earth somewhere this oil is set aflame in an eternal lake of fire? I can see it, can't you? There is a Hell as surely as there is a Heaven. There is a place souls go when the earthly vessels run out their shelf life.

God GAVE his ONLY SON so that whoever believes in him, won't die- ever - but will have Life for eternity, and be saved from the Lake of Fire and earth's decay.

I don't know about you, but I'm glad my parents love me like that. Can you imagine it?

No comments: