PEACE ON EARTH

GOODWILL TOWARD ALL MEN, WOMEN AND CHILDREN, BORN AND UNBORN

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Note to Muslim-bashing Evangelists

Cut it Out- Please

OK I confess- I watch a slew of Sunday morning televangelists- and even catch a few in the wee hours of the morning when I get bored with the "I can't believe it's that early" news show.
Usually I think I took a trip to a new planet when I hear southern drawls pronouncing words like
Jaaaeeeeeessuuuuiiiss. I rebuke my bigotry against southerners.

Now that's what I want you to do to your bigotry against Muslims. Rebuke it in the name of Jaaaaeeeeessuuuuiiis.

Because it's nutty and wrong. Today I had the best shishkabob on saffron rice with a roasted tomato from my favorite fast food deli in DC. It's called Moby Dick, House of Kabob. It's a Persian restaurant and everyone in there is Muslim- but they didn't close for Ramadan out of courtesy to us cross wearing fans of the kosher kabobs. Persian. That means they are from Iran. Muslims. Not for a second did I fear cyanide in the safron.
In fact the old Shaw of Iran's Son, a Prince of sorts lives in Bethesda, Maryland, a DC suburb. SSShhhhh. He's a Muslim.
There is zero evidence that the muslims who want to build a NYC lower manhattan center with a pool, cooking classes and maybe language classes have any connection to the current ruling party in Iran, are currently connected in any fashion to any terrorist org (they would be shut down if they were immediately) or that they sympathize with any terrorist org at all.
So please stop sending incendiary false inflammatory emails linking them to Hamas, approving of Hamas or linking them in any fashion to any terrorist org. The Justice Dept. would shut them down and freeze all their assets if they were.

Remember how many times Jesus went to the outcast, the Samaritan, the 'other' the foreigner, the alien to save or heal them and the pharisees blew a gasket? This is what you all sound like. Stop it. It's embarassing me as a bible toting quoting Jesus freak.

No comments: