PEACE ON EARTH

GOODWILL TOWARD ALL MEN, WOMEN AND CHILDREN, BORN AND UNBORN

Saturday, February 16, 2013

My Vote Goes To

CARDINAL SEAN O'MALLEY 

  of Boston. Of course I am completely disenfranchised, being female, under 80 and not a cleric much less a Cardinal.  Nevertheless....

  He's a Franciscan. He's from the South Hills of Pittsburgh (so are my parents), he speaks fluent Spanish (fastest growing area of the church is in Latin America) and he is Irish.

Any more questions?

      (Franciscans call themselves in all great humility the Friars Minor- because the Friars Major-e.g. Dominicans- can be intellectually snobbish in their zeal I have found-first hand experience trust me.)

    Franciscans follow the charism of the great peacemaker Saint Francis. You know the prayer- it was on my mother's fridge always- Lord, Make Me An Instrument of Your Peace.

  Franciscans missionized the world. Look at how many names are Franciscan that are in California alone- San Francisco for starters. Santa Clara after Saint Claire, etc...and all the other biblical names thanks to the Franciscans, Santa Ana, San Joaquin, San Bernadino, etc....

     As speculation abounds a Jesuit from Milan would be great but an irishman franciscan who speaks spanish from Pittsburgh- OH MY GOODNESS!! Sign me up.

 

No comments: