PEACE ON EARTH

GOODWILL TOWARD ALL MEN, WOMEN AND CHILDREN, BORN AND UNBORN

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Standing On His Honor

God’s honor
May 27, 2009

Robert H. Schuller

"And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am." – John 14:3
The story is told of a little Scottish lassie who lay dying. Her pastor came to her and asked, "Lassie, if you die, are you sure you'll go to heaven?" "Oh yes," she answered."How can you be sure?" the pastor persisted."Well," she replied, "Jesus promised, 'anyone who comes to me I will in no wise cast out.' I came to Jesus and accepted his love. He would never throw me away.""But what if God forgets his promise?" the pastor inquired."Then he would lose more than I would," the girl replied. "I would only lose my soul. He would lose his honor."

No comments: