PEACE ON EARTH

GOODWILL TOWARD ALL MEN, WOMEN AND CHILDREN, BORN AND UNBORN

Friday, January 08, 2010

Living La Vida Loca

I think I am going to Throw Up.

Forgive me Father for I have a problem with you. Did you see that priest whose name is actually "Pope" attempt to explain in the Catholic Standard (Jan.7 edition) the standard line "my girlfriend and I broke up so I became a priest" drivel? Aren't you tired of hearing priests talk about how they found solace, comfort and free room and board attempting to make the rest of us "Holy" when it didn't quite work out that they didn't get their own family life together and might have been too selfish to even have a solid working relationship with a woman on any intimate level? Hasn't anyone had visions of angels or the voice of the Lord actually call them? That's who I want to take spiritual guidance from- some guy who couldn't make it work out with his own girlfriend and bailed for the free wine and room and board-and feels compelled now to keep proclaiming his subliminal heterosexuality in case you were wondering.

Then there are the types who want you to call them "Father" or something more elevated (call no man "father") while saying essentially, hey- it's not my job to be friendly or learned or intelligent about anything, I am just supposed to dispense "grace." And this being not friendly and unlearned is somehow supposed to get you there. Why- because it's your job maybe to be a mean nasty ignorant jerk? In fact it's a job qualification for dispensing Grace not to have the first clue what basic courtesy means or what Love means on a real practical level? Was the edited out sentence: We practice on the lonely hearts club of post-menapausal women and then derride and mock them when we all go to dinner as being delusional off their rocker rockettes who are "unbalanced" like the sister who jumped the Pope and manipulate them into buying annuities and writing us in their wills. Nice. Because that's where I want to give all my money- someone who says- I am so superior to you that I don't even have to be nice to you to consider myself holier and deserving of your adulation because I went to Seminary for a few years with a few guys who couldn't make it work out with their girlfriends.

And they want all Episcopalian priests to turn "celibate."
Does anyone have any Pepto Bismal?

See, we want "Priests" who are all arrogant full of themselves self lauditory A-holes who thrive on titles, prestigue and dispensing Grace with a flip snarl and the occassional act of insane nastiness such as might soon get someone locked up in France (they are working on a new law where psychological and verbal abuse in the home is criminally prosecutable) Call the cops- on all the women. All the women must be insane to insist that this is pathetically unchristian.

And you think these women are "unstable?"
I must have read this somewhere. Jesus loves men who only like themselves- Really. That's the message. I must have read that in the gospel or letters of Saint Peter somewhere before Peter's mother in law jumped up from her death bed and served Jesus for saving the matriarch of that Pope's extended family.

CHARACTER. CHARACTER CHARACTER.
It means you have the first friggin clue what Honor and Respect means.

THE YEAR OF THE "PRIEST"- OYE VEY. Call me when the party is over.

No comments: