PEACE ON EARTH

GOODWILL TOWARD ALL MEN, WOMEN AND CHILDREN, BORN AND UNBORN

Sunday, July 04, 2010

ONE

IN Christ Jesus

Male and Female.
Galatians 3:28.

Neither slave nor free, greek nor jew, male nor female.

There is an entire chapter devoted to the neither Slave nor Free principle- Philemon.
Philemon was a slave who likely stole something from his master and found himself in prison,
the same prison next to the Apostle Paul. To make matters worse and talk about a small world, Paul knew and was quite friendly with his master. In fact he likely converted his master. So Paul writes to them when he knew Philemon was going to be released and said- listen, I love this kid like a son, so now treat him as an equal heir to the promise and hope- you owe me, you owe me eternity actually so what is this small favor in return. And since I have every hope I am getting out of here too, make the bed in the guest room for me because you are getting a visitor! Paul says, whatever he took from you, charge it to me- he is like my son.

This is what Jesus does. There are no second class citizens in the kingdom. He is the Great Redeemer. He does it for thieves on the cross or in prison.
The slave is one with the Free. No one is above the other. There is no slave nor free in the kingdom. There is no male nor female in the kingdom- we are all one in the same Spirit of the Lord.
That is why it is scandalously obscene to persecute women in the name of the Lord.
We are ONE in the Spirit, ONE in the Lord.

No comments: