PEACE ON EARTH

GOODWILL TOWARD ALL MEN, WOMEN AND CHILDREN, BORN AND UNBORN

Monday, July 05, 2010

God Save The Queen

And That Motley Crew of Royals With Her

I confess. I love the Queen of Great Britain. I also loved the Queen Mum, may she rest in peace, her lovely pill-box hatted matriarch in pastels and pumps. I recall as a high schooler living in London waving at the Queen Mum who was out for a stroll in Regents Park gliding across a bridge over a lake while I was rowing a boat underneath the bridge. She waved back, I was sure of it- right at me, I thought. The Queen Mum. And I of part Irish heritage via Liverpool to New York, now rowing in Regents Park. Rowing well, I might add as I placed on the Cornell crew team later.
The Queen is coming to New York. I hope she gets a hearty cheery welcome from everyone in the big apple. I may have to go stand in line with the minions. I hope Keith Olberman lands an interview with her. Rachel went to Oxford- maybe she can score an interview!!

The Queen was the Queen when I lived in London, a subject for high school years. Maggie Thatcher, the Iron Lady, or was it the Iron Horse, was also at the helm of those Isles British as Prime Minister. Two Grande Dames running the entire government. You have to love it!

This was my high school experience. No wonder I think that an entire authority structure of religious males is more than a wee bit whacked. Not to mention biblical characters like Deborah, Rahab (in Jesus' lineage notwithstanding her lady of the night previous attributes) Mary Magdalene, Lydia that pusher of all linens Royal Purple, Ruth, Esther, Junia the Apostle, and shall we not forget that figure idolized in every parish garden-the Blessed Mother herself. The most famous Jewish mother on the planet- who makes the occasional appearance just to remind us in places like Fatima, Lourdes, and Medjugordgje (I never know to spell that one).

So women- they rank. And it's bloody good and right that the Queen come to remind us of it.
Fetch my gloves Jeeves, carry on James. We're off across the pond.

It always amazes me the degree to which unmarried men don't get that when they say "hail Mary full of grace, Blessed art thou among women blessed is the Fruit of thy womb Jesus" that what they are saying is "Hi Mary, full of Grace, So Blessed are you because of what is coming out of your Uterus!" (check the greek, aramaic, hebrew and latin; Womb means uterus- all we women have them, that's what makes us in large part women.) You know that commercial "what's in your wallet?" What's in your uterus?
Oh- you are a boy, I forgot, you don't have one.

Blessed are you among women for what is going to come out of your Uterus. Think about it.

Carry on James.

No comments: