PEACE ON EARTH

GOODWILL TOWARD ALL MEN, WOMEN AND CHILDREN, BORN AND UNBORN

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Bad Nick Names

And Presidential Mock Ups

Being a fan of SNL and Tina Fey I find her Palinisms hilarious. Being also a language fan I can imagine some upcoming spoofs and wonder if a last name can seal one's Presidential fate. For example Gingrich is easily Ginned Grinch who stole Christmas, Santorum easily Sanitorum, and Obama, O-drama.

Easily spoofable names sometimes get a free pass- shall we talk Schwartzenegger.
And sometimes they spell the future- Nixon, well, Nix-one.

Clinton, no that's too easy (replace the "n" with a "t") and Gore just doesn't need a name change.

Palin rhymes with Pained Limb and just plain Pain.
To Mike Pense I want to say a Penny for your thoughts (pence being the British penny) and to
Ryan I want to say Rye On What or what on Rye.
To Bachman I want to say where the Bachwoman or Batman, and doesn't Condoleeza reak of Sleeaza or cheeza.
Bush-no that's too easy, and don't get me started about Rumpelstilzfeld.

I could have fun all day with this- until I am remined that my name is Butler.

No comments: