PEACE ON EARTH

GOODWILL TOWARD ALL MEN, WOMEN AND CHILDREN, BORN AND UNBORN

Thursday, May 26, 2011

It's my party

I can buy half a million dollars worth of tiffanies trinkets if I want to.

Newt comes out swinging in New Hampshire- defending his 'right' to buy what he wants-- on credit. And this is the champion of the middle american recovery? My father, incredibly hard working, incredibly frugal, army veteran, Pennsylvanian born just like Newt who is not a southerner by the way, instructed me never to by anything on credit except my first car with a car note (after I crashed the one he gave me free) to learn the value of the buck. He itemized for me- never buy clothing, jewelry or furniture on credit. You will pay in interest much more than its worth.
Not Newt. Half a Million on credit.

Here is why his defense of his right to spend what he wants whether he has the money then or not looks moronic for a Presidential candidate. We have a TRILLION DOLLAR DEFICIT PEOPLE. And he is running around the country trying to raise votes by saying he will cut taxes everywhere to make Obama look spendthrift. He follows the "If I want it I get it Now cost accounting method." Screw you poor people.

He's a joke. I know he's Catholic and to some, twinkle eyed charming and he likes JPII- but seriously. Not Presidential. By a longshot. And really, if my niece ever gets a job on the Hill I will ground her for a decade if she sleeps with the boss. We can't reward that kind of crap. What kind of example does it send?

No comments: