PEACE ON EARTH

GOODWILL TOWARD ALL MEN, WOMEN AND CHILDREN, BORN AND UNBORN

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

I am Catholic

Because of John Paul II

He came to Los Angeles when I was a new lawyer working for a law firm there. I asked my Jewish boss for time off to go hear him speak when he came to LA in the late 80s.
I had a catholic irish grandfather i didn't know because he died before i was born but formed morally my father who insisted that we said prayers that he taught us before sleeping every night.
John Paul II I now believe had a love of his life when he was a youth living in Poland who was Jewish who was a girl sent away by her family subsequently killed during the Warsaw uprising. (at this point God had taken away from him his mother, his older brother, the love of his life and his prospective in -laws, and if he was to have faith in life itself it had to come from his faith in God because there was mothing left on earth to inspire his hope. His hope came from God, and specifically the Virgin Mary who became for him like a real life mother that she promises to be, especially in the absence of his own mother. )
Later in his life before he died he went to Israel to Vad Yashem, and he memorialized a prayer in the Wailing Wall. He mourned this girl, he never saw her again after that.

No comments: