PEACE ON EARTH

GOODWILL TOWARD ALL MEN, WOMEN AND CHILDREN, BORN AND UNBORN

Friday, January 27, 2012

Equal Time


Free Exercise And Non Establishment of Religion

In Cranston, Rhode Island an athiest student does not like the gift another student penned that was blown up into a class gift and has been on the wall since the 1960s- a prayer. It starts "Our Heavenly Father." It is a heavily Catholic community and the protesting student was actually first baptised catholic as an infant and since rejected it all. She was offended by the prayer.

The District Court made them take it down and an appeal, which I hope is filed soon, is considered.
The Non Establishment of Religion has to be balanced with the Free Exercise thereof. This does not involve funding preferences or anything which gives indication that everyone must accept what it says. It is one student's gift to the school which the school proudly displays.
In equal time thinking what would the athiest's gift look like next to it (in similar fashion to public menorahs and qwanza symbols next to nativity scenes in public squares).
"Dear Nobody and Nothing Really. I don't need to ask for any help from anyone except the people I actually see because there is nothing out there and I don't really know why I am writing this. I don't need help being kind and friendly, I know everything. Oh- and all the intricacies of my working physiology and brain generating this brain to hand to paper to pen magic that allows me to write this was not the intelligent design of anything but my parents because they are geniuses so i don't need to ask anyone else for any help certainly not from something 'heavenly' or 'above.' Put that next to the prayer and see which one people want to read.

No comments: