PEACE ON EARTH

GOODWILL TOWARD ALL MEN, WOMEN AND CHILDREN, BORN AND UNBORN

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Speaking the Truth

In Love





That's what the abortion opponents think that they are doing, but sometimes it comes off ridiculously self righteous and ignorant of all angles of the argument. I am reminded of the time that nutjob texans in pick up trucks drove by a PRO LIFE Democrats signs held by his campaign workers (including me years ago) shouting "baby killers!" Another wingnut episode just happened when I made a remark at the gathering at the Shrine where a book talk was given by a great Jesuit priest and a woman who was a bit frightening. When she went off on Kathleen Sebelius, whom I am sure she never has actually met or had a conversation with, regarding the recent HHS legislation, I noted that the sterilization provisions might pertain to women who get hysterectomies to avoid life threatening uterine cancer-and wouldn't we want poor women to get the same coverage as wealthy women if their lives were so threatened? It was a legitimate question which was met with a non-sequitorious unsatisfactory response and a lot about an unspecified Agenda that made her sound more conspiratorial than 9-11 truthers.
After the talk someone with a huge camera shoved it in my face demanding to know who i was and whether i was with a news organization (did i sound that good? ) and which campaign I was working for. Because I must have an Agenda, as opposed to an informed opinion. Not the way to win hearts and minds folks. This guy was totally wierd, so whosever campaign he was with needs to do a major pull back. I am not on Obama's campaign, don't work for any government agency and write a blog- which a lot of people read. So the next time you send wingnutty people with huge cameras into a church I am going to start taking names. And if you keep this up I am going to have to start running for something and getting bodyguards and secret service to bounce characters like that out of my path.

No comments: