PEACE ON EARTH

GOODWILL TOWARD ALL MEN, WOMEN AND CHILDREN, BORN AND UNBORN

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

My Favorite Things

Because One Cannot Kvetch All The Time

I am starting a Favorite Things list- like Oprah only I am not giving away trips to Australia. It is to foster appreciation for things American. Because I am tired of whiners. Granted, there is a lot to whine about, but the general disposition of whinery is most unpleasant unless it is the kind with Bordeaux or Merlot from a Chateaux in Provence or Sonoma.

So here is today's Thank God For Americans.

In Snow, in Rain, Sleet or Storm the DC Dupont Farmer's Market stays open- ALL WINTER! Every Sunday.
These are farmers from real farms with organic produce, fresh fruits and vegs, hearty and home made artisinal cheeses, yogurts and freshly baked baked goods from Virgina, West Virginia, Maryland and Pennsylvania. It is found around the corner from the Dupont Metro right off Mass Ave off the circle. Sometimes the crab cakes guy is there. In the winter hours are from 10:00am-1:00pm - they open earlier in nicer weather and are open until about 3 in the Springtime.
Next I am there I may take some pictures, or maybe not because who wants to look at pictures of cheese.
If you want to be featured (or want to feature your product) on the Pilgrims Patriots and Prophets Fav. Things list email me at Cynthia.Butler [at] gmail.com with a .pdf photo and I will consider including it- no spam please. I am not going to post anything related to any Secrets Victoria might have had. Keep your royal secrets to yourself. The feature will run irregularly when I find good stuff for your thoughtful consideration. If you like my write up you can send me one. Otherwise it's free of charge advertising (in 40 countries.) I want people to see what a great country we really have.

Brought to you by the "HOW COOL IS THAT! Corner"

No comments: