PEACE ON EARTH

GOODWILL TOWARD ALL MEN, WOMEN AND CHILDREN, BORN AND UNBORN

Friday, January 07, 2011

The Banality

of Evil

If you scan the news you can sometimes get a sense of the 'so what'- what are the big stories? John Edwards was excluded from his not quite-x but definately late wife's will and is engaged to his bimbette, yawn (jerk), Cza Cza Gabor may have an amputation on a blood clot at age 90-something, yawn, some homeless guy found his voice and his mother in the process, thaaat's niiice, 87 thousand abortions in New York. Wait-What?????
You heard me, 87 THOUSAND last year abortions in New York, the CITY ALONE PEOPLE!

Unless your brain is permenantly anesthetized on dental drugs, that should shock your conscience.
Something really really perverse about that. Really Really Really.
About almost half as many times as women are conceiving children they are dumping them- where?? What happened to motherhood?

When I was hanging out with my married sister's married friends, one charming woman watched me in my love of cooking Martha Stewart mode and kept complimenting me in her gracious british accent saying things like 'smells grand Mrs!' I was the only unmarried one at the party I think and she kept calling me Missus. It struck me that I found it so unusual because it is a briticism we seldom ever now hear here. I never hear it. And I found it oddly nice.

Have we totally demeaned motherhood to a place where women are not happy or proud to be pregnant at all?
That is just a ridiculous statistic-and as Dolan says, we have to do more than shiver at it.

No comments: