PEACE ON EARTH

GOODWILL TOWARD ALL MEN, WOMEN AND CHILDREN, BORN AND UNBORN

Saturday, January 15, 2011

How Cool Is That?

Run of the Brides at Filenes

On this entry of My Favorite Things...



Ever since my grandmother told me the story about how she was a hosiery model in Filene's Basement (the actual basement of Filenes in Boston before the Basement became its own spin -off) wearing seamed nylons when they were practically first invented in the 20s, while engaged to my grandfather who was a law student at Harvard I had a thought about getting a bridal gown on sale at Filenes Basement. Turns out they have something called the Run of the Brides every year where hoardes of stampeding Bridezillas elbow each other for their Cinderella moment. It's coming up! So someone has to propose to me before the date in NY or DC:-) http://filenesbasement.com/running-of-the-brides/

Filenes exists 3 places in DC; Metro Center, downtown next to the Mayflower and also in Chevy Chase around Maza Galleria. Call for where this event takes place. The Pope says marriage is a good thing. So does Martha Stewart. Its a Good Thing.

No comments: