PEACE ON EARTH

GOODWILL TOWARD ALL MEN, WOMEN AND CHILDREN, BORN AND UNBORN

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Proposal

Let me water your roses
let me bake your bread
let me fold your laundry
she imagined she said
to the gentle man
who visited her dreams
and wouldn't leave her head
it seems
I will go with you
If you want me to
but when we get there
what will I do?
Let me water your roses
let me bake your bread
let me fold your laundry
she softly said
He then turned his head
in quiet reply, no, I'll cook for you
my lady true and take you
over the ocean blue
and we will have gardens
of lavender, sunflower and rose
overflowing wild and wonderful
for children to marvel and hold
and run through. And for your
kitchen as your wish an herbalist
would envy this-thyme and sage
and lots of rosemary
which you may throw in our omelet
for breakfast in bed
in which you mix this honeysuckle kiss
and so they wed
and it was all bliss.

No comments: