PEACE ON EARTH

GOODWILL TOWARD ALL MEN, WOMEN AND CHILDREN, BORN AND UNBORN

Saturday, January 15, 2011

The Games People Play

Washington Monopoly

Parker Brothers here's an idea for you.

The Republican convention yesterday was amusing to listen to on the radio. I tuned in just about voting round four whereafter Steele conceeded and exited 'stage right.' Stage is Right. It is all about the staging. He knew he was a gonner, and could have graciously conceeded before the voting started, but he held tight until it was too obvious- or until the person he endorsed made him an offer he couldn't refuse. Why else would he say in his parting remarks that he urges all his supporters midway through the game to vote for the woman who had the Cheney backing and bucks? In this waiting to be bought game influence seems to want to go to the highest bidder. For that reason I applaud the folks who didn't go for it. The other guy won.

What was the offer I wonder. I will concede if you make me Secretary of the Navy? Or was it all about the bucks. Perhaps he will tell perhaps he won't. Because that's how corruption works.
So long as no one finds out, I get to keep the bucks.

No comments: