PEACE ON EARTH

GOODWILL TOWARD ALL MEN, WOMEN AND CHILDREN, BORN AND UNBORN

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

New Year's Resolutions

This Year

I shall try to be on the side of hope.
I shall try never to despair
I shall try to be on the side of Love
and not give myself too much care
nor attention too distractingly vain
I shall try to be on the side of children
mindful they repeat playing
all I say and do
I shall try to be on the side of you
and not insist too loudly
how you must have lost a few
marbles upstairs as well as a few
hairs this year, my dear
I shall try to be on the side of Peace
even if requires like John the Baptist
I miss proclaiming myself the herald
in favor of your salvation kiss
which is more delightful than
the world of myself I shall miss
this year. New means new completely
not half a bit or some, but new
means starting afresh
as though the earth was made just now.

No comments: