PEACE ON EARTH

GOODWILL TOWARD ALL MEN, WOMEN AND CHILDREN, BORN AND UNBORN

Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Let my People Go-The crime of being overly literate???

In the YouGottaBeKiddinMe Category of the Week:

Girl in Texas survives an apartment fire and 7 years later they arrest her for not returning
the library books destroyed in the fire.
http://www.aolnews.com/weird-news/article/texas-woman-jessekah-few-jailed-for-overdue-library-books/19749685?icid=maing%7Cmain5%7C1%7Clink6%7C29831

I once did not return a library book. I took it from a Seminary that was miles away from where I lived, later moved -and could not find it. I got a notice saying it was overdue and I had to pay an overdue fine or- had the option of purchasing it's replacement. I purchased the replacement. End of story. Then I found it after two later moves- years later as unpacked boxes were disassembled. --and gave it to another Seminary for good Karma.

Perhaps Texas should instead just adopt a "you lost it- you bought it" policy like they do in stores if you break something. Who wants to start a legal defense fund for the "library bandit"- or is she really funding a stall at the local swap meet with overdue library books everywhere!
Get a Kindle Kiddies.

...If only we could get the Federal Judiciary to take Corporate Spoliation of Evidence that seriously......our computer crashed, then an internal drive overheated and melted down all the email traffic.....and the dog ate it, and we fired our IT systems manager.

No comments: