PEACE ON EARTH

GOODWILL TOWARD ALL MEN, WOMEN AND CHILDREN, BORN AND UNBORN

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Peace, Goodwill,

Charity toward All, Malice Toward None.

Happy New Year to one and all, friends, enemies, Romans, countrymen, people off their collective rockers, people given to judgmentally slandering, people whose sins are obvious, people whose sins are hidden, the high and mighty, the low and gentle, the bastards, the saints,
the people who think they are saints and are bastards, the clever, the stupid, the beautiful, the grim, the victors, the defeated, and everyone in between.

The rain falls on the Good and Bad and so does the confetti at midnight in a few days time as the huge disco ball drops on the freezing heads in Times Square.

It is a time to say:
I forgive everyone who wronged me, betrayed me, stabbed me in the back and left me for dead, but "Forgiveness is no Substitute for Justice" {declared Pope Benedict this year}
It is a time to say:
LET THERE BE PEACE ON EARTH AND LET IT BEGIN WITH US, because we are the ones imagining demons and making wars.
It is a time to say as my eternal optimist sister does:
There are no real problems, only really clever solutions.
It is a time to say:
Pass the Champaign and Here's to the New Year.
May we all be blessed, because God is One, and win-win is what he is after. Your suffering is my problem, my suffering is your problem, because we are all in this earth battle together.

No comments: