PEACE ON EARTH

GOODWILL TOWARD ALL MEN, WOMEN AND CHILDREN, BORN AND UNBORN

Friday, December 17, 2010

So much to do

So little time- So here's My letter to Santa

Dear Santa: I am really busy swamped writing christmas cards and holiday Peace cards for folks who don't get christmas (yet), and putting out minor fires in the snow storm here. So can you please help me out and tell
Senator Reid and anyone else who has a voice there in the Senate- to pretty please schedule votes on the thirty some judicial nominees sitting on their desk yelling 'why haven't you moved me to the floor yet!!'
What is going on? Filibusters? Tax policy? You have to be kidding me. Egg-nog parties? Just vote. We aren't getting trial dates for years because there aren't enough judges. Please give those nice lawyers nice judicial appointments so we don't have to keep wondering why there are only really conservative judges making really questionable decisions that affect far too many people. OK I am calmed down now. All I am asking for is a sit down with your schedule-to mark a few days to vote. I bet McConnell and you could work it out if you both went to the Dubliner down the street, knocked down a few Shirley Temples and talked about it nicely. I especially like that Goodwin Goodfellow. What a nice balance on the Ninth Circuit he would be. Smart fellow.
I have another request, and it would really help me out a lot if you could talk to those Senators again for me dearest Santa. Could you help to please tell them to give all those (mostly hispanic) kids a chance this Christmas and pass that Dream Act thing. Wouldn't that be a load off. What a great Christmas present. For a lot of people. You have a better plan? Bring them to work in the elves workshop at Pole Norte you say? That's only seasonal work. They need regular jobs eventually and real educations. We need them here- and they like us. So many people don't these days. Please help them pass the DREAM ACT.
Because they really are now Americans. Just like those pilgrims on Plymouth Rock eventually who came without their green cards.
Thanks Santa- I appreciate it. And also, if I can ask just one more thing. I have a friend who needs a job, loves his country and has high security clearance. He's gay and everyone knows about it- he would make a great Marine. Don't Ask Don't Tell? Too late? He's already de facto married to a guy with two masters degrees and has a child with this partner. Wouldn't ELLEN make a great USO comic on staff as a special ambassador of sorts to the military? Would the USO have kicked Elton John off the base? Please pass the Don't Ask Don't Tell repeal.
and please repeal the Don't sneeze, don't wipe your nose with your sleeve, don't eat with your mouth open, don't pick your nose, don't wipe your boots on your cot law also. Oh- there isn't one of those you say? Then why is there a Don't Ask Don't Tell law? Don't we have a First Amendment to talk-or are all those constitutional rights suspended just by joining the military? Is the military like jail?

Oh- and one other thing for my friend who can't meet her medical bills with her bad habit of having to grocery shop who is civilian military making GS-i can't believe numbers go that low.
Please don't freeze all federal salaries for folks making under 50k a year. They have rent to pay.

Thanks Santa- I know you are tight with those guys in the Senate because this is really a great country. So I hope you give me those Christmas presents and prove my grumpyish grinchish uncle wrong when he says that adults don't need to get Christmas presents.

No comments: